Carrollton, TX City Jail Information
Many ask how they can find out if their loved one is in Carrollton City Jail. You can find out by calling the Carrollton City Jail Staff in the Jail Lobby at 972-466-3335 or you can find out in person at the Jail Lobby, which is located at 2001 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas (Map located below)
Telephone number for the jail:
- (972) 466-3355
- 2001 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas
- Visitation hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and daily from 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Visitation hours are subject to cancellation, without notice, by the Jail Supervisor.
- Visitation is limited to 10-15 minutes.
- Only 2 visitors are allowed per visit.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed.
- Visitors must be at least 17 years of age.
- Visitors must present a drivers license or state-issued identification card and not have any outstanding arrest warrants.
- ALL VISITORS may be searched prior to entering the visitation room.
Are children allowed?
- Children are not allowed as the youngest visitor allowed must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
Visitation telephone number to verify approval:
- Visitors are encouraged to call and verify visitation at (972) 466-3335.
What items can I bring to a prisoner?
- Money may be contributed to a prisoner’s property.
- A prisoner’s prescriptions/medications will be accepted and dispensed in the prescribed manner.
- Approved reading materials
The Carrollton Police Department Jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What type of facility?
Carrollton Police Department Jail is a holding facility. This means that prisoners are generally confined in this facility for less than 72 hours before being released or transferred to another facility.
What does it mean when a person is booked into jail?
When a person is arrested there are several different types of documents that must be completed. The person’s property must be listed out in detail, their photograph and fingerprints are taken as well. Once this process has been completed and they are moved into a cell or cellblock, they have at that moment officially been “booked” into jail.
When are prisoners seen by a Magistrate?
Magistrate hearings generally are held each morning, but can occur at alternate times to accommodate magistrate’s schedules.
What occurs during magistrate hearing?
A magistrate hearing is a formal meeting between the judge and the person in custody. During this meeting, the judge informs the accused person of his/her charge(s) and advises his/her rights and bond amount(s), if any.
What is the jail credit policy of Carrollton Police Department?
The City of Carrollton assigns a monetary value to time spent in Jail for City of Carrollton Class C misdemeanor fines. A municipal judge determines the amount of Jail credit as provided by state law. This is typically $100 for every 24 hours served.
Jail credit ONLY applies to fines owed on City of Carrollton Class C misdemeanors.
How can I get a prisoner’s property?
A prisoner’s property can only be released after the prisoner grants written permission authorizing the release. To claim prisoner property you must:
- Complete a property release form; and
- Present a driver’s license or state-issued identification card
Are prisoners allowed to make any free telephone calls?
Yes, prisoners are allowed to place one free telephone call once they have been booked into the facility. A prisoner also may make collect phone calls from inside the holding cell or cellblock they are assigned to after they’ve been booked into the jail.
What is an Alias warrant?
This is a warrant where no plea has been entered. A prisoner, bail bond company, or an attorney can post a bond for this type of warrant. The bond assures that the prisoner will appear in court.
What is a Capias warrant?
A Capias warrant is where a plea has been entered and the prisoner did not follow through with the court agreement.
How can a prisoner get out of jail when arrested for a felony/misdemeanor (Higher than a class C misdemeanor)?
- Pay bond at the Denton County Sheriff’s Office.
- Contact an attorney known for proven results. It is important that when choosing a Carrollton criminal defense lawyer to represent you that you have an experienced attorney who knows the court system, the judges, the prosecutors..
- The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline can be reached at (940) 465-9872 or by filling out our secure online form.
- Contact a bail bond company
If someone is transferred to Denton County Jail, how do I find out?
- You can find out by searching the Denton County Website or calling the Denton County Jail. All information about Denton County Jail can be found under the “Jail Records” tab athttp://justice1.dentoncounty.com/PublicAccess/default.aspx.
- Denton County Sheriff’s office can be reached at 940-349-1700 or at 127 N. Woodrow Lane, Denton, Texas 76205.
Links to helpful parts of the city’s jail website.
Carrollton City Jail Map
Carrollton City Jail’s Frequently Asked Questions