Experienced DWI Defense Lawyer Defending Drivers in Denton, Lewisville and Frisco, Texas
If you were arrested for driving while intoxicated (referred to as DWI) or a related offense, it is in your best interests to immediately contact The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, PLLC. It is no exaggeration to state that your case and possibly your entire future may depend on you making that phone call.
Texas has a very well-known reputation for its hard-nosed, tough stance against all crimes – especially DWI-related offenses. Despite the state’s very strict drunk driving laws, an unbelievably huge number of DWI-related incidents and arrests take place in Texas on an annual basis. It therefore can come as no surprise that Texas law enforcement aggressively prosecutes drivers accused of DWI and/or related offenses.
If you were arrested for DWI and feel utterly hopeless, it is important to remember that not all DWI cases are open and shut. Even if your case is filled with bad facts that for all intents and purposes should tank your case, don’t give up. A good defense attorney may be able to work around the negative aspects and steer your case in a positive direction.
Over the past several years, the amazing DWI and criminal defense attorneys at The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, PLLC have executed many successful legal strategies that resulted in the significant deflation of a number of the state’s “slam dunk” cases.
DWI-Related Offenses We Handle
We have years of experience representing clients charged with DWI as well as a number of DWI-related offenses, including but not limited to the following:
- Misdemeanor DWI
- Felony DWI
- Driving under the influence by a minor
- DWI with a child passenger under the age of 15 (felony)
- DWI with a suspended license
- DWI by a repeat offender (possibly a felony)
- Intoxication assault (felony)
- Intoxication manslaughter (felony)
- And more
The Many Aspects of a DWI Case
The DWI lawyers at The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, PLLC know how to identify and handle each individual issue in your case that requires specific and specialized treatment.
Some of the many issues and matters we handle include but are not limited to the following:
- ALR Hearings
- Requesting occupational driver’s licenses for those whose licenses are under suspension
- Various issues related to the state’s misleadingly entitled No Refusal Weekend
- Matters related to breath and or blood tests
- Checkpoint issues
- And so much more
What is an Administrative License Revocation?
A DWI case is made up of a criminal law component as well as an administrative law component – which consists of The Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process.
When you were arrested for allegedly committing a DWI-related offense, it is likely that the arresting officer confiscated your driver’s license. The State of Texas will automatically suspend your license if you do not request an ALR process hearing within 15 days of your arrest.
In other words, if you have any chance at fighting the possible suspension of your driver’s license, you must request a hearing during this time period.
Our DWI defense attorneys handle many ALR hearings and have had good success in obtaining favorable results for our clients throughout this administrative process.
What is an Occupational Driver’s License?
An occupational driver’s license authorizes drivers with suspended licenses to drive to and from work and a very limited number of other places such as the grocery store and/or the children’s schools. The award of this type of license is not guaranteed, and it may be difficult to obtain.
But, when it comes to doing what it takes to obtain favorable outcomes for our clients, we can be tenacious and especially persuasive. This tenacity has resulted in many of our clients obtaining desperately-need operational driver’s licenses.
DWI charges brought in the State of Texas may result in serious penalties. You run a very big risk to your liberty and your wallet if you try to fight the charges without competent legal counsel.
Depending on the actual charge(s), DWI-related misdemeanors may result in the following legal, financial, and administrative penalties:
- Some misdemeanors result in jail time ranging from three to 180 days; while other misdemeanors may result in jail time of up to one year
- Fines for certain misdemeanors may go of up to $2,000; while others may result in the issuance of fines of up to $4,000
- Suspension of driver’s license for a minimum 90 days up to one year
- Mandatory alcohol counseling
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (and payment of all costs)
- Court fees
- Expensive surcharges to be paid to Texas Department of Public Safety
- And more
DWI-related felonies carry much stiffer penalties:
- Such as those listed above
- Some felonies result in a jail sentence of no less than 180 days to 2 years (to be served in a State Jail Facility)
- Other felonies result in a prison sentence of no less than two to 10 years, Intoxication manslaughter can by up to 20 years
- Fines up to $10,000
- Suspension of driver’s license for a long, long time
- And more
Negative life consequences that may go far beyond financial and legal penalties:
- The creation or expansion of a criminal record
- Loss of certain types of jobs and careers
- Loss of possible future employment opportunities
- Loss of the ability to volunteer with many educational, athletic, and charity organizations
- Loss of professional licenses (or an outright bar to obtaining such licenses in the future)
- Loss of security clearances
- Negative effects on custody cases and parenting plans
- Strained or broken relationships with loved ones, friends, and colleagues
- And more
DWI Defense Lawyers Experienced in Representing Clients Faced With All DWI-related Matters
The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, PLLC is a local firm deeply involved in the Denton community. For several years, our legal team has fought hard and gained significant experience representing the citizens of North Texas in hundreds of DWI and related charges.
We know good people make mistakes, and we pledge to provide only the highest level of legal services possible to try and prevent those mistakes from ruining your life.
Call us today at (940) 465-9872 to schedule a complimentary consultation so we can discuss your case and get started.